Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fun With Broken Bones

We went to our grandson William's Blue and Gold Banquet yesterday, we have a few pictures that will have to wait.

At 4:30 AM I was minding my own business, getting ready for my bedtime snack and all of a sudden tere was a big ol thud and scream in the hall behind me. Linda Lou had woken and on her way to the john, fell and broke the Tibia abd Fibula of her right leg, just above the ankle.

This kind of spoiled my whole bedtime although not near what it did to Linda Lou. There isn't much that made me feel more helpless in this life than waiting for the ambulance. I knew there was something seriously wrong just from the swelling and the pain to the touch.

Now that we've seen the X-Rays we know the breaks are bad. The Fibula, the smaller bone in the back of the calf is a fairly simple break, the Tibia looks like a spral fracture. They will be going in and putting a plate and a rod in, probably tomorrow (Monday, 22 February.)

Anyhow, prayers would be welcome. Now that we are in our sixties we don't heal like we used to.

No comments: