Monday, December 13, 2010

Strange Days

Something strange has happened to me. I look like the kid who cut school to go skinny dipping, the truant officer came along and I hid in a poison oak patch to hide. Since I haven't done that, I dunno why I have weeping blotches that itch and hurt. To the Doctor with me. I shall call for an appointment. Chicken Pox? I don't remember if I had that as a kid.

There is good news and bad news on the Linda Lou front. The good news is that she will be released from the hospital on the 28th of December. The bad news? I have to clean the house. Eep!

I am trying to figure out exactly what is going on with this Me-Chelle Obama "nutrition" power grab. I don't recall her running for any office and I am unsure of just how a lawyer, whose main job was sending poor people to community clinics in order to save her hospital money is particularly qualified to tell parents how to feed their children.

I am not sure if it's me or society that is really getting strange. Me-Chelle was rattling on about how children get half their daily calories at school. And how we can't leave it up to parents to see that kids get a decent diet. Excuse me? Why are kids getting half their calories at school? I never got half my calories at school. Breakfast at home, a bag lunch, from home, and supper, at home. Or at Mario or Charlie's house.

Pardon me, I'm going to put my hard man hat on a minute. If a parent cannot feed the kid, the kid belongs in an orphanage. If the parents cannot feed the kid, the parents are certain to be failing in the rest of parenting. We have so many different programs to make sure that poor kids (and not so poor) have food that there is simply no excuse for poor nutrition. Show me a child with poor nutrition in the United States today and I will show you a "parent" selling the food stamp card for dope money. I don't know exactly how to fix that but this four and a half billion dollar boondoggle ain't it.

One last comment about Me-Chelle and her "nutrition expert" gig. Sorry. Nancy Reagan was fine with her "just say no" campaign. She said no and it didn't cost the counrty any four and a half billion, either. Laura Bush and her childhood reading? Great, she was a trained school librarian. Me-chelle and nutrition. Have you noticed ththe backside on that woman? Mercy. Me-Chelle, you need a different cause.

Bingo and I saw Linda Lou today and that's the doings here at the Poorfarm.

No comments: