Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I'm Just Too Old To Sleep On Couches

I spent Sunday night trying to sleep on Dean and Stephanie's couch. I'm way too old for that, plus it's more of a love seat. The thing was just too short. Anyhow I got up at five thirty in he morning and drove to the hospital Linda Lou was in, she'd already been taken away. So I got to Medical City and after a little bit of wandering, found her.Along about noonish they came and took her to the surgical suite and after a while they wheeled her away and took me to the waiting room. I sat. And sat. And sat some more. Shortly after four the Doc came out.

Doc Buch told me that they found no infection at all in there so they went ahead and fixed her leg bones. He claims that her bones are kinda weak (so that's why they broke!) so he is not sure if this fix will hold but he's got everything put together. We'll see if it lasts.

So, no four to six weeks on more antibiotics while waiting for the repair. It seems that she should go to a rehab facility for just long enough for her to be able to get from the wheelchair to the bathroom, etc. Hopefully, home by Christmas.

Thank you for the prayers and good wishes.

No comments: