Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm Repentin'!

I had my follow up visit with my doctor about these Shingles. I'm not going to try to take and post pictures, just know that Doc Lopez was impressed, he hadn't seen many infections that large and gaudy.

Y'all remember when we were little kids and the preachers were always talkin' about that guy with the forked tail, pitchfork and burning hot coals? I'm here to tell you that he doesn't wait until we're dead. He's right there jabbing me on my right shoulder, front and back, my right arm and the right side of my back. The lucky thing is that it's not hit my face, people would run screaming.

I feel like I should have someone walking in front of me, carrying a lantern, ringing a bell and shouting "unclean, unclean!" What I forgot to ask the doc was how unsafe it is to go to the supermarket, etc. I dunno. I suspect it's only dangerous if one touches the sores, as if! What I do know is that I don't dare go see Linda Lou in the hospital until this heals.

Doc Lopez wants me to get a Shingles Vaccine as soon as I'm healed, why did he wait until I was already sick for that suggestion? I guess that's why the Texas Legislature specifically put hospitals and Doctor's Offices on the list of places we can't carry guns.

Anyhow, I'm almost done with the course of antiviral meds and then it's just waiting for this to heal, while hoping I don't get a secondary infection. Back to the Doc in about three weeks, which shows something about how long he expects me to be tied up. Merry Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Meanwhile, anyone know of any Demcocrat "Winter Solistice parties you can get me invites to? I'm feelin' real socialable and huggy!

No comments: