Saturday, June 30, 2007

Good Idea



My pal Army Wife, Toddler Mom suggest that I while away the broke times with weeding. Great idea. Where do I start? This is my back yard, it is still too wet to mow and, being as how it has rained every day since forever, it ain't gettin' no drier.

Oh well, I don't like mowing anyhow. Thing is, if it weren't for weeds I'd have nothing green at all out there.

The big news is that I have finally learned how to make cream gravy, after all these years of utter failure. I love me some biscuits and gravy, too. I kept failing, Linda Lou quit trying because she failed, too. I finally broke down and went on the Internet and downloaded a recipe...it worked the first time. I cooked a couple of pork chops, drained all but a quarter cup of the drippings, added a quarter cup of flour and two and a half cups of milk,salt and pepper, stirred an' boiled and...gravy! With real mashed potatoes. I'm trying to remember if makin' whoopee was this good...

Tomorrow it's biscuits and sausage gravy and eggs. Woot! Trouble is that learning to cook at my age means that I'll have to sit in shifts before much longer. Eh, I'll just get "WIDE LOAD" tattooed across my backside. Maybe if I eat enough of the new things I'm learning to cook I won't need suspenders for my gunbelt.

No comments: