Saturday, June 09, 2007

So, Doggie Friday Is Late.





I don't think you can sue me for being late with the Doggie Friday pictures. Even if you can, though, I'm judgement proof. I own nothing that can be taken in a lawsuit. Anyone ever tell you how much I love Texas?

The rain has finally quit, it's hot and, with all the water still on the ground, humid. Tomorrow I am going to fire up the tractor and see if I can start mowing. I have a faint hope that I'll be done in only two days. The undergrowth is so tall that Eddie disappears. Of course ten feet over is bare ground.

There are some things I don't love about Texas. Not least is that to have any kind of a yard one has to work 175 hours a week. This is not helped by the fact that I hate yard work. My Momma used to punish my transgressions by making me work in the yard. Then I went and married a woman with a brown thumb. Every plant she touches dies. She doesn't even dare put seed in the feeder for the birds for fear of killing the tree.

No comments: