Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Lucky Me




I am one of the three hundred million luckiest people in the world. You see I was born in Golden America. Before my ancestors left the Old Country, that is what they called her, Golden America. It doesn't matter where the Old Country was, we are all lucky.

I was born in a lower middle class family yet we owned our own house, not something you see every day, elsewhere. For that matter, not many other countries even HAD a middle class back then.

Two hundred and thirty one years ago our ancestors started an experiment. It isn't perfect yet, it may never be perfect. I doubt it ever will be as people aren't perfect. I have traveled a lot, though, back in my younger days, courtesy of my Uncle Samuel. Even the places I went where I wasn't blowing stuff up were awful compared to Golden America.

Happy Birthday, America.

No comments: