Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm Done Shooting For Most Of This Summer

I went back to the Orthopedist today and got the verdict. My rotator cuff is torn and the surgery in on the tenth of June. I'll be six weeks with my arm first immobilized and then in a sling, then comes the sessions with the physical terrorist. That will probably last until mid-August.

Thank heaven for my medical insurance. Further thanks for no nationalized health care. In less than two weeks I've had my visit with my family practice Doc, an X-Ray, a visit with the orthopod, an MRI and returned to the orthopod and my surgery is scheduled and will be done in a month, total. In Canada I would be on a waiting list for my MRI, scheduled for several months from now. Or would I even get an MRI?

I wonder how many people in Great Britain die of old age with torn rotator cuffs that have hurt them for years?

No comments: