Monday, September 19, 2005

George's Big Adventure.

Saturday was a big day for me and George. George is our new German Shepherd. I've worked with him a little and Saturday was the grand opening of a new Pet Smart store about twenty-five miles away. I wanted to see how he worked on a lead, around people and other critters so I loaded him up in the PT Cruiser and off we went.

George is learning to ride in the backseat rather well so that worked out. He is just barely learning to sit up and look out the window. Anyhow, we got to the Pet Smart, the place was mobbed, we stood outside for a while as he got used to lots of people and then went in. In the beginning he was rather shy but he started making friends quickly. Every kid wanted to pet him and, since I wanted him to get used to people, that was fine with me. His tail was down at the beginning but, before too long, he was up and happy.

While there I filled out the little forms for all the drawings and we won the second place for the dog training so he gets half off the beginner's course. Hooray for us! I was really hoping for the free food for a year but I'll take what I can get.

I'll have to put a couple of pictures up sometime soon.

No comments: