Thursday, April 10, 2008

So, Did The San Francisco Bozos Scare The Chicoms?

I spent much of today driving around. I heard nothing on the car radio about Tibet being free. I reckon a bunch of poor smelling yahoos did not frighten the Chicoms. Imagine that.

Funny, it seems that the Sadr bunch of loonies is seriously considering putting down their guns. Seems that they have had some trouble staying alive after getting the US and Iraqi military mad at them.

So, what is the score? Good vibes, zero people freed. The military, 50 million. No wonder the good vibes types hate the military.

I had to drive up to North Dallas today, to get the stitches out of my face. Well, the stitches on the surface. The Doc put those stitches that dissolve under the skin for the rest of it. Anyhow I seem to be healing well. Very little pain, that's always nice. I like as little pain as possible.

I saw some storm damage on my drive, a new portable building in pieces, although I don't think it was fastened down at all. It wasn't there a couple-three weeks ago, then it was sitting in an otherwise empty field last Wednesday and now it is scrap. A school bus shelter torn apart and lots of shingles off some roofs. The radio was talking about five Salvation Army crisis vans out giving coffee and snacks to emergency crews in the DFW area. I saw none of that kind of damage but that's weather. Linda Lou, Captain Fatbob and I drove through Oklahoma City after that last big batch of tornadoes and we saw where it looks as if God's own bulldozer drove through neighborhoods with no damage at all only yards away. That was May of '99. Interstate 35 ran right through it and it is elevated through some of it so we saw it real well.

That was a trip where Linda Lou tried to kill us. On the way north we were just ahead of the storms, all the way to Emporia, Kansas. That is where we stopped for supper. We had never been to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant and store before then. So we ate and then Linda Lou had to look at every single thing in the store while the storms caught up. We drove the rest of the way to Topeka at about thirty miles an hour on the freeway, in blinding rain and constant lightning. It would have been interesting had we been struck by lightning, that was the trip we took to bury her father's ashes next to her mother. Two dead people, a dead dog and another one turned to ashes. We would have made the Weekly World News.

No comments: