Friday, June 27, 2008

Heller Gets His Gun. Someday.

When I was a kid one of the books on my parent's paperback shelves was titled Heller With A Gun. At this late date I cannot recall if it was a western or a 1940-1950s crime novel. At any rate now Heller may have his gun. Well, eventually.

Since the pols running DC are Dems you can bet that the actual end of this fight will be well down the road. Justice Scalia made the mistake of saying that licensing is all right. So, plan on the license being expensive. Plan on the application form being long and complicated. Plan on the license office being way understaffed and only open thee hours a month. Plan on would be handgun owners having to sue, every step of the way with DC pols to appeal every loss.

You see, these are Democrats. Democrats do not ever believe they lost. Slavery ended in 1863-1865, Democrats didn't like that so they invented the Klu Klux Klan and Jim Crow laws. So then came Brown vs Board of Education in, I believe, 1954. Funny, I was in high school in the early '60s, the schools still were not integrated. Oddly, they still aren't, even though the Dems run education. Funny how that works. Even funnier, the Dems blame Republicans and most working class people believe them.

I do not understand Democrats. Every time gun laws relax a bit from either absolute prohibition or worse, Chicago style prohibition for the law abiding, special permits for politically connected crooks they start screeching about Dodge City and Tombstone. Each time, of course, their dire predictions don't come true.

This is one reason I could never be a Democrat. To keep saying the same thing, for decades, proven wrong every time, and still saying it? Sheme would shut me up after ten years or so, heck I've been saying unpleasant things about Dubya for years, not to mention McCain. It's awlays the same. The Republicans lose in court they try to get a legislative solution, meanwhile obeying the court. The Dems lose they drag their feet and stack the court.

In other news my shoulder is quietly healing. In about two weeks I should start active physical therapy. The passive exercises are going okay, the side to side and circular range of motion is a little more than fifty percent, the vertical, somewhat less. I will be glad to get out of this sling. My bicep is cramping and the sling itches.

No comments: