Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Itty Bitty Miniature Miners Had To Work Overtime

 The pans all went to the hot place, I was supposed to get the stent put in while Linda Lou was still in the rehab hospital, instead they discharged her the day before I was scheduled for the procedure. So, instead, I picked her up and we spent the night at our daughter and son in law's house. So, we played with the grandsons some and the next morning Dean drove me to the hospital and stayed with me for an hour or so, then he went home.His job allows him to work from home most of the time, except for when it's a face to face thing.

 The next thing I knew I was in the recovery room to find that the procedure took three times as long as they'd planned. I'm a little fuzzy on the details but what they do is make an incision in the groin, then they send in a bunch of itty bitty miners to dig out the blockage and then shore it up so the artery stays open, then the itty bitty miners go to the saloon and chase the itty bitty saloon girls.

 So they went in and found they could not dig through the collapsed tunnel, so they pulled them all out, made an incision on the other side of my groin, worked their way up and found that this tunnel was half blocked. So they dug it out, shored it up and grafted a new tunnel leading to the blocked artery, then they sewed me up and made me stay overnight. I'm pretty sure those itty bitty miners were too tired to chase the itty bitty saloon girls.

 Anyhow after some hospital trials and tribulations they let me out the next morning, Stephanie and Linda Lou came and bailed me out. Nothing really hurts but the sewn up incisions and those only hurt when I am going from standing to sitting or vice versa. I'm kind of glad Obamacare isn't fully implemented yet, I think if it was they'd have offered me the blue pill.

 Anyhow, we got back to Dean and Steph's and after resting a tad we loaded up the car and drove out here to Resume Speed, Texas. Lat night there was some exciting weather, high winds and torrents of rain, I knew nothing of it because I was pretty well out of it. Poor Princess was stuck in the back yard through it all, Bingo T. Pug was next door.

 We stopped on the way home to pick up Linda Lou's new glasses and then stopped to get our mountain of medications. I'd dropped Linda Lou off at Wally World for her glasses, then put the scripts in at the drive up window, went back and lo and behold there was one of those little electric buggy things right there at the parking spot so I rode around, found Linda Lou and we went back to the pharmacy, I carried my book in and read until the seventeen scripts were filled.

 I'm not quite sure what I've done to make the taxpayers spend so much money on me, they just think I'm lovable I reckon. It's funny though, our health insurance premiums did not go down when the government told them that they are now my secondary insurance, Medicare is my primary. So, thank you, taxpayers. The thing I dislike most about Medicare and Social Security is how few people say thank you and how many say I want more.

 Anyhow, I'm alive and home and now I'm getting off this computer and going into the living room and give Bingo T. Pug the lap he has been missing. While I was gone I recorded some old Gunsmokes and some Bonanzas, as well as Silverado.

1 comment:

pamibe said...

Wow! It's amazing what modern medicine can do, isn't it? Thank God! Glad you're on the mend!