Friday, December 23, 2005

Another Meme. Five Random Facts

Home, thank the Lord. I have much to write about over the next couple of weeks.

Venomous Kate tagged me with yet another meme. Remind me to just shoot wildly out the windows the next time I drive through the KC area.

Five random facts about me...

My right leg is shorter than my left, following a bad break in 1967. I only limp when I am very tired, though. I have a large scar on that leg that breaks down when it is injured and it takes a month or more to heal. when it is broken down the area looks like strawberry jam.

I was in my late thirties before pieces of metal and Viet dirt stopped leaking out of nasty zits that appeared on my back and shoulders.

My speech and memory are still funky from that stroke in August but my Docs are bragging about how well I have recovered. I hate to think of what it would be like if they were not bragging. On the plus side I haven't smoked at all since I got out of the car to go into the Emergency Room.

Cleaning up my English on the Blog has helped clean up my conversational English. I still know the words, I simply use them somewhat less. Nowadays I mostly only curse at Democrats and drivers.

I usually have at least three books I am reading, one gun book, one history and one fiction. Right now I am reading Freedom Road, a novel about the black truck drivers of the Red Ball Express in the European Theatre in WW2, The Hell With Honor, a history of when Georgie Custer ran out of luck at the Little Big Horn, and Charly Gullett's book on Cowboy Action Shooting. I am also re-reading Dick Lee's Modern Reloading.

Udate: 1/7/06 I just now finished this and posted it.

No comments: