Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Rudy

I am nowhere near committing to a candidate for the GOP nomination for President in '08. I am looking at everybody but that crook McCain.

I am getting a lot of information about Rudy "America's Mayor" Giuliani and his anti Second Amendment stance. Trouble is, as mayor Rudy was enforcing New York's Sullisan Law, a law having noting to do with the US Government. The Second Amendment restricts Congress. I do not know, nor do I care much, how the State Constitution deals with the right to keep and bear arms. The Sullivan Law has been in effect for generations, if there were constitutional issues, either State of Federal, they would have been found.

I may well decide to support someone else. I see no reason to lean away from Rudy because he enforced the law of his state. That is what Federalism is all about. New York may have the gun laws it wishes. I stay out of New York. Seems the both of us are happy.

No comments: