Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Call From An Old Friend

 I got a surprise phone call from one of my oldest friends on Christmas day. We have little or nothing in common anymore but memories of the days that we were each our Momma's extra kid. He's a high school teacher in an unnamed Blue State, just retired from the national board of a major "peace group". And I, well, I'm me, still thinking that the United States Military is the single greatest force for world peace.

 Our self-selected brotherhood overcomes that, though. Anyhow,after the Christmas greetings came the talk of the horrific Newtown mess. Now my old friend is an excellent shot, or was fifty years ago and he has no qualms about using force in defense of self or others. As we spoke he mentioned that he is thinking of a smaller gun than his six shot .357 Magnum. The last time he was here in Resume Speed, Texas he commented on how much stiffer the actions on our little five shot revolvers is than his six shot.

 Anyhow, this peacenik is looking at some of the smaller firearms to carry to his teaching job.

 I am sure his blue state legislature would never countenance such a thing but he's probably going to do it anyway.

 Dear Antigunners: If you have lost the peace movement high school teacher(s), perhaps you have lost the argument. The only thing to stop the bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. My friend, my brother, is a good guy.

2 comments:

Erinyes said...

Amen to that.

pamibe said...

That's awesome!

I got a wonderful Christmas gift the other night when my liberal friend said: "they need to leave guns alone; gun control is not the answer... it's all about mental health"

My mouth was hanging open in shock, but I shut it pretty quick to agree... LOL!