Sunday, April 03, 2011

Monster Pot O' Chili, Beef and Beans.

There is not a whole lot going on here at the Poor Farm, I filled the crockpot with two pounds of beef, browned and drained, two pounds of Pinto Beans ad tomatoes, onions and spices, went to bed and woke up to a humongus pot' o' Chili and beans, plus a mess from fillin' the crockpot too full. Again. Oh well, if it weren't for that I'd never clean anything.

So, anyhow, I'm fed for a few days. Half a dozen corn tortillas, heated directly on the burnere gas stove and a big ol' bowl of chili and beans. Yum. I keep seeing the "Cili Purists" swearing that Chili has neither beans nor tomato. They are all white, though. The Mexicans I grew up with would put durned near anything into a pot of chili and beans. Leftover bacon or sausage from breakfast? Into the pot. Pot roast, chicken or cabrito? Into the pot. The folks I grew up with couldn't afford to be Chili Purists.

Tuesday is when we find our if Linda Lou can start putting a little weight on her foot. Cross yer fingers or something.

I am looking into a long post about the Three Guardsmen of Oklahoma Territory and then Oklahoma when it became a State. The Indian nations were "the last frontier" and there were several reasons that Oklahoma was pretty much the last place in the "lower 48" that had law and order. Anyhow, much of the reason that the wild gangs of the late 1880s to the roaring 20s left the robbing, raping and killing business was a group of lawmen who became known as The Three Guardsmen, Heck Thomas, Chris Madsen and Bill Tilghman. I'm almost done collecting information, about all that is left is trying to separate fact from fiction. And then trying to make it interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Tuesday, Pete.
mary

pamibe said...

As always, y'all are in my prayers.

The chili sounds sooo good!

I am Travelling said...

Thaanks for this